No products in the cart.
HP Probook laptops are a popular series of business and productivity-focused notebooks from HP aimed at professionals and enterprises. Several Probook models are available for purchase in the Kenyan market from authorized HP dealers and retailers. Here is a quick overview of some of the key HP Probook laptops commonly found in Kenya:
- HP Probook 440 G8 – The latest generation affordable entry-level Probook ideal for office tasks. Runs 10th gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors and has a 14″ HD/FHD screen.
- HP Probook 450 G8 – Slightly larger 15.6″ display and more powerful components like Intel Core i5/i7 processors. Well-suited for everyday business computing.
- HP Probook x360 435 G7 – Convertible 2-in-1 Probook with 13.3″ touchscreen display that can fold into tablet mode. 11th gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 variants available.
- HP Probook 640 G8 – Mid-range Probook with 14″ screen, 11th gen Intel Core i5/i7 processor options and robust build quality.
- HP Probook 650 G8 – Largest Probook with 15.6″ display, Intel Core i7 CPU and optional NVIDIA discrete graphics. Ideal for demanding professional apps.
- HP EliteBook 800 series – Flagship premium business laptops with ultraslim metal chassis, long battery life, and 12-14″ screen sizes. Core i5/i7/i9 configs and AMD Ryzen options available.
Most models come with either Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu Linux pre-installed. Overall, the HP Probook range offers Kenyan professionals and businesses a versatile selection of enterprise-class notebooks at different price points.
- HP Probook laptops are enterprise-focused notebooks available in Kenya ideal for office use
- Probook models like 440, 450 and EliteBooks offer premium build quality and security
- Prices range from Ksh 60k to Ksh 180k depending on specs like CPU, RAM, storage
- New Probooks provide robust performance while used/refurbished units offer big savings
- HP Probooks compete well with Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude models in terms of price, specs and features
- Extended warranty recommended for coverage beyond 1 year standard warranty period
- Buying from authorized sellers ensures full HP Kenya support and service
Typical Specs and Configurations of HP Probook Laptops in Kenya
HP Probook laptops available in the Kenyan market come in a variety of hardware specifications and configurations to meet different needs and budgets. Here is an overview of the key specs and options found in HP Probook models commonly sold in Kenya:
Most standard configurations of HP Probook laptops in Kenya are equipped with Intel Core processors which provide good performance for business productivity and multitasking:
- Entry-level models like HP Probook 440 are fitted with 10th generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors which have 2 or 4 cores.
- Mid-range options like HP Probook 650 offer even more powerful 11th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 chips with 4 and 6 cores respectively.
- Top of the line EliteBook 800 series can be configured with Intel Core i5, i7 or even i9 processors which have up to 8 cores and 16 threads for maximum performance.
- Some models also have AMD Ryzen Pro processor options though these are less common.
For most general office and work applications, a current generation Intel Core i5 or equivalent AMD Ryzen 5 processor will provide ample performance in an HP Probook laptop running Windows 10 Pro.
Another key component that determines the responsiveness and multi-tasking capability of a laptop is the RAM or memory size. Here are typical RAM configs for HP Probooks in Kenya:
- Entry-level models tend to have 4GB or 8GB of RAM which is decent for light workloads.
- Mid-range options offer 8GB or 16GB RAM which provides good headroom for office productivity software, web browsing, etc.
- High-end configs can go up to 32GB RAM allowing extensive multitasking and performance for engineering, creative and scientific applications.
For storage, most standard HP Probook models in Kenya come with:
- 256GB SSD (solid state drive) for boots and applications
- Some have dual storage with smaller 128GB SSD + 500GB/1TB HDD (hard disk drive) for extra capacity for files and data.
- 512GB or larger SSDs available on premium configs for faster performance.
SSDs are much faster than HDDs so having at least a 256GB SSD is recommended for optimal Windows and app response times.
Displays vary based on Probook model and price:
- Entry level Probooks like 440 G8 have 14″ HD (1366×768) screens while mid-range 450 G8 has FHD (1920×1080).
- Larger 15.6″ Probooks can be fitted with FHD or 4K UHD displays.
- EliteBooks have high quality 12-14″ FHD touch and non-touch display options.
- 2-in-1 models like Probook x360 have 13.3″ touchscreens with tablet mode.
Higher resolution FHD and 4K displays offer more workspace and crisper image/video quality but cost extra.
Most standard HP Probook configs in Kenya utilize integrated Intel UHD graphics which is sufficient for everyday office use, web browsing, video streaming etc.
Discrete graphics options from NVIDIA or AMD boost performance for 3D CAD, video editing and PC gaming – available on select high-end Probook models.
Some other notable features available on select HP Probook models in Kenya:
- Backlit keyboards for easy typing in dim environments
- Fingerprint readers and facial recognition webcams for biometric login
- Mil-spec tested durability against shocks, drops, vibrations etc.
- Spill resistant keyboards to prevent accidental liquid damage
- Plenty of ports like USB 3.0, USB-C, HDMI, VGA, ethernet etc.
Overall, HP Probooks offer the essential premium features business users need like performance, security, durability and connectivity within accessible budget friendly configurations.
Pricing Overview of HP Probook Laptops in Kenya
HP Probook laptops are oriented as commercial notebooks for small, medium and large enterprises in Kenya. As such they are priced accordingly to compete with rival business laptop brands like Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude and Microsoft Surface.
Here is an overview of typical price ranges for both new and used HP Probook laptops in the Kenyan market:
New HP Probook Laptop Pricing
Entry Level Probooks (Core i3 and i5 configs)
- HP Probook 440 G8 – Ksh 60,000 to Ksh 80,000
- HP Probook x360 435 G7 – Ksh 70,000 to Ksh 90,000
Mid-Range Probooks (Core i5 and i7 configs)
- HP Probook 450 G8 – Ksh 80,000 to Ksh 100,000
- HP Probook 640 G8 – Ksh 90,000 to Ksh 120,000
High-End Probooks (Core i7 and i9 configs)
- HP Probook 650 G8 – Ksh 100,000 to Ksh 140,000
- HP EliteBook 800 series – Ksh 120,000 to Ksh 180,000
As you go for higher specs like more RAM, larger SSDs, better graphics and displays, the prices rise accordingly. Taxes also add to the retail prices of new HP Probook laptops in Kenya.
Overall new HP Probook laptops are competitively priced against rival business notebook brands in Kenya for the hardware specifications and premium quality offered.
Used/Refurbished HP Probook Prices
Used and refurbished HP Probook laptops can be found at even more affordable price points in Kenya:
- Entry level Probooks – Ksh 35,000 to Ksh 55,000
- Mid-range Probooks – Ksh 45,000 to Ksh 70,000
- High-end Probooks – Ksh 60,000 to Ksh 90,000
Older generation Probooks like HP Probook 440 G7 can be found for under Ksh 40,000 while still usable for basic business tasks.
Buying refurbished and used Probooks allow small businesses and individuals to acquire these durable and reliable enterprise notebooks at significant cost savings compared to new units.
As always, careful inspection of used device condition and testing performance is recommended before purchase. Overall, HP Probooks deliver good value whether purchased new or used for tight IT budgets.
Where to Buy HP Probook Laptops in Kenya
HP Probook business laptops are available at many major electronics retailers and IT equipment suppliers across the major cities in Kenya.
Here are some of the best places to buy new and used HP Probook laptops in Kenya’s main tech shopping districts:
Nairobi has the widest selection of stores selling original HP laptops:
- Buytec stores: we stock and sell the latest HP Probook laptops in Kenya.
- HP Online Store – HP Kenya’s official online shop. Allows customizing specs and configs.
- HP Authorized Resellers – Stores like Digital Sense, Uniplus Supplies, and Compuline stock most Probook models.
- Computer Plaza at Kimathi House – Many HP certified shops selling new and used Probooks.
- Tuskys and Naivas Supermarkets – Select branches have HP stores alongside other brands.
- Online shops like Jumia, Kilimall, and MyDawa – Often have good deals on HP laptops including Probooks.
For second hand and refurbished HP Probooks, visit Nairobi’s bustling electronics bazaars like Dubai, Moi Avenue, and Luthuli. Test thoroughly before purchase.
- Nyali Nakumatt – Has authorized HP store selling official laptops.
- Mombasa Computer House – Stocks new Probooks and other HP PCs.
- Mombasa Electronics Market near Mackinnon – Good spot for used Probooks.
- Naivas Mega branch – Has an official HP retail section.
- Winam IT Center – Supplies various HP laptops and computers.
- Lakehub Tech Store – Specialized IT retailer selling Probooks.
- Kisumu Impex – Stocks refurbished HP laptops.
- HP Center at Zion Mall – Official seller of Probook and other HP notebooks.
- Maxcom Technologies – Leading IT store supplying new Probooks.
- Yako Business Hub – Maintains used and refurbished HP laptops.
Overall HP’s strong nationwide sales and support presence ensures easy availability of Probook laptops across major Kenyan cities from reputable stores. Be sure to verify sellers are authorized HP partners for valid warranties and after-sales service.
Pros and Cons of HP Probook Laptops for the Kenyan Market
HP Probooks are a popular laptop choice among many professionals and enterprises in Kenya thanks to their robust business-oriented features. However, they are not perfect laptops and do carry some disadvantages too.
Here is an overview of the main pros and cons of HP Probook notebooks for business buyers in the Kenyan market:
Pros of HP Probook Laptops
Premium Build Quality
- Made of durable high grade plastic and metal
- Military spec testing against shocks, drops, temperature, vibrations etc.
Business Grade Security Features
- TPM chips for device encryption
- Optional fingerprint readers and facial recognition login with Windows Hello
- Self-healing BIOS to recover from corruption or attacks
- Comfortable and responsive to type on due to good key travel
- Spill-resistant drain holes prevent liquid damage
- Optional backlit keys for typing in dim light
Enterprise Level Support and Service
- 1 year standard warranty provided by HP Kenya
- Available 24/7 phone support and onsite repairs through HP partners
- Longer extended warranty options available
- Good productivity from latest Intel Core i5/i7 processors
- Sufficient RAM and SSD storage for office workloads
- Stable and optimized with business apps vs consumer laptops
IT-Friendly Management Features
- Support tools like HP System Software Manager
- Easy to deploy, monitor and maintain multiple units with HP manageability software
Cons of HP Probooks
- Cost more than consumer notebooks with similar base hardware
- Added enterprise features and business support results in higher price tags
Conservative, Plain Design
- More functional than stylish look and feel
- Made for offices rather than personal expression
Limited Graphics Capability
- Most models have basic integrated graphics sufficient for office apps and videos
- Lack graphics power for intensive 3D rendering or high end gaming
Not Many Consumer Features
- Focus is purely on business requirements
- Less emphasis on elements like touchscreens, convertible designs, pens etc.
Spotty After Sales Service in Some Areas
- HP support network is not uniform and more limited outside big cities
- May need to ship devices to depot for servicing if no local partner
Overall HP Probooks provide excellent enterprise capabilities but are more targeted at business users than general consumers in Kenya. Their reliability and performance makes them suitable work notebooks for many professionals if the price fits their budget.
How HP Probook Laptops Compare to Competitors in Kenya on Price and Specs
In the Kenyan business laptop market, HP Probooks compete with similar offerings from the likes of Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Acer, Microsoft and other OEMs.
Here is an overview of how HP Probooks commonly stack up against rival mid-range enterprise notebook models in Kenya in terms of pricing, specifications and features:
HP Probook 450 G8
- Core i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 15.6″ FHD screen
- KES 85,000 to KES 105,000
- Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 15.6″ FHD screen
- KES 80,000 to KES 100,000
Dell Latitude 3520
- Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 15.6″ HD screen
- KES 75,000 to KES 95,000
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
- Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 13.5″ touchscreen
- KES 105,000 to KES 130,000
The HP Probook 450 G8 is competitively priced against its direct rivals from Lenovo and Dell in the Kenyan enterprise notebook category. The more premium Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is costlier for its thinner form factor and touchscreen.
Specs and Features Comparison
- All models offer similar mid-range Core i5/Ryzen 5 processors, RAM and SSD configs suitable for everyday business needs.
- The Probook may have small edge with more SSD storage in base configs.
- Screens are comparable in size and resolution like 15.6″ FHD.
- Surface Laptop has higher quality touch display but lower 13.5″ size.
- Probook, ThinkPad and Latitude have thick durable plastic chassis optimized foroffice use.
- Surface Laptop has thin, elegant metal body but may be less rugged.
Ports and Slots
- Probook and ThinkPad offer full-sized HDMI, USB-A ports for legacy devices.
- Latitude and Surface are more modern with USB-C only designs.
- Probook and ThinkPad have the best keyboards for typing comfort.
- Surface Laptop’s keyboard and trackpad are also excellent.
Overall the HP Probook 450 G8 holds its own against competing business notebook models from Lenovo, Dell and others available in the Kenyan market in terms of pricing, core hardware specifications and features. The choice ultimately depends on individual business requirements and budget.
Conclusion and Recommendations for Buying an HP Probook Laptop in Kenya
HP Probooks are one of the top business notebook choices for SMEs and enterprise organizations in Kenya thanks to their robust build quality, performance, security features and after-sales support.
Based on their specs, pricing, pros and cons, here are some conclusions and recommendations for acquiring an HP Probook laptop in Kenya:
Ideal Probook Models for Most Businesses
The HP Probook 440 and 450 models likely offer the best balance of price, specs and features for most business use cases in Kenya. Their 14” and 15.6” screens are suitable for office work. Integrated graphics is fine for business apps and videos. 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD provides good performance for daily productivity needs.
Premium Probooks Worth Investing In
Organizations that rely on graphics intensive programs or need maximum mobility may want to consider pricier options like:
- HP Probook x360 – Convertible 2-in-1 design with touchscreen
- HP EliteBook 800 series – Ultrathin and lightweight chassis
- Probooks with discrete NVIDIA graphics – For CAD, 3D design etc.
Used/Refurbished Probooks Offer Savings
Opting for professionally refurbished or off-lease Probook models can provide major cost savings for budget constrained businesses. Units are often in good condition while still delivering years of service. Just be diligent in inspecting and testing before purchase.
Extended Warranty Recommended
While HP Probooks have 1-year standard warranty, purchasing extended warranty for 2+ years provides peace of mind and support coverage especially when units are deployed in remote areas far from repair depots.
Look for Authorized Sellers and Resellers
To get full HP Kenya backing and service, only buy Probook laptops from licensed HP partners and retailers. Avoid grey market sellers and unfamiliar online shops to sidestep fake or smuggled units.
Evaluate Overall TCO not Just Upfront Cost
Making purchasing decision solely based on lowest sticker price often leads to higher total cost of ownership later from unexpected downtime and repairs if build quality is compromised. HP Probooks strike a balance between affordability and enterprise reliability.
In summary, HP Probook laptops are a smart choice for most SMEs and corporate IT buyers in Kenya seeking high quality business notebooks with dependable support and service in a range of accessible budget friendly configurations.