No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Smart 51 S
KSh140,000 VAT Exc. (-5%)
Category: IDP card printers
ID CARD PRINTERSPrinter ManufacturerIDP SmartPrint TechnologyDye SublimationSingle or Double Sided?Single SidedPrinter FeaturesWindows Compatible,Near Edge Printing,Mac OS X CompatibleEncoding OptionsMagnetic Stripe Encoder,Contact Smart Card Encoder,Contactless Smart Card Encoder,MIFARE EncoderPrint Volume2 Med (up to 10k cards per year),3 High (over 10k cards per year)Printer
Features and benefits of the IDP Smart-51s ID Card Printer
- Colour or monochrome single-sided printing
- 300dpi edge to edge (near edge), dye-sublimation printing
- Secure UV printing capabilities
- Print speed for a full-colour card with an overlay of 16 seconds (reverse eject) or 17 seconds (front eject)
- 2 line LCD screen and LED buttons for manual operation
- Free Software – EasyBadge Lite (Normally £145 – compatible with Windows only)
- 100 card input hopper with the lid closed, 200 card input hopper with the lid open
- 40 card removable output hopper and 100 card reverse hopper upgrade
- Peace of mind – 5-year printer warranty (3-year print head warranty)
- Easy to use – easy setup, plug and play USB card printer
- Low running costs – from just 12p per full-colour print
- Versatile – can be upgraded to dual-sided printing at any time
- Robust metal chassis
- Never run out of ribbons – low ribbon notification ensures you never run out of printer ribbon
Please note that this printer cannot currently be used on a PC that runs Windows 11.
Upgrade options available:
- Double-sided printing available
- Ethernet Connection
- Magnetic Stripe Encoder
- Contact Smart Card Encoder: Internal – ISO 7816 (ID 1)
- Contactless Smart Card Encoder: Internal, 13.56Mhz – ISO 14443 (Type A/B), Mifare, Desfire, iClass
- Optional lockable hopper and ribbon to secure cards in the printer
- Kensington slot to secure the printer to a wall or table
About the IDP Smart 51S Single-Sided ID Card Printer
The IDP Smart-51S is a low cost, reliable and easy to use printer that is ideal for all kinds of card issuance including ID cards, access control cards, visitor passes, membership, loyalty and discount cards.
The plug and play setup is quick and intuitive so you can be printing your first cards within minutes, especially when using the free EasyBadge software.
Fast printing and low-cost consumables ensure the IDP Smart 51S is economical to run with full-colour cards costing around 12p each to print. The printer accepts a variety of card types including PVC, composite PVC and PET in standard credit card size with a thickness tolerance between 15mil to 40mil, including standard credit card thickness of 30 mil (760 microns).
IDP’s FINE™ Imaging Technology gives high definition print quality ensuring bright colours and clear definition on skin tones for ID cards. Crisp edges also ensure that barcodes and fine line print can be easily read.
Ribbons are cost-effective and easy to install. The auto ribbon search function prevents ribbon wastage and automatically detects the new ribbon, adjusting the settings automatically. The printer will also let you know when your ribbon is running low so you can ensure you order more before you run out.
The sleek design and quiet print cycle of the Smart 51S make it an ideal printer for a reception desk or office environment.
If security is a requirement for you, the Smart 51S can print a UV overlay, similar to that used on UK driving licences, onto your cards by using a special UV ribbon (YMCKFKO). This print is only visible under UV light and makes it much harder for cards to be counterfeited.
With a range of optional upgrades, it’s possible to add on to your printer if your future needs change to allow double-sided printing, lamination and ethernet connection. A range of encoding options are also available to facilitate magstripe, contact and contactless card encoding.
The Smart printer’s rigid metal interior body make them extremely durable printers and they also come with a full 5-year warranty (3 years for the print head) as standard so you can be sure you’ve made a sound investment by choosing IDP.
IDP Smart-51S ID Card Printer Features and Specifications
|Edge to edge
|300 dots per inch
| Over 200 cards per hour for colour (max 17 seconds per card)
Up to 720 cards per hour for monochrome (5 seconds per card)
| Automatic feed: 100 card input hopper with the lid closed, 200 card input hopper with the lid open.
40 card removable output hopper and optional upgrade to 100 card hopper.
|Compatible Card Dimensions
| ISO CR80 85.6mm x 54mm
ISO CR79 (Factory installed upgrade)
Card thickness 0.38mm – 1.0mm / 15mil to 40mil
|Card encoding options
| Magnetic stripe encoding: HiCo and LoCo encoder ISO 7811 – tracks 1, 2 and 3
Smart card encoding: Contact chip (ISO7816 ID-1), MIFARE (ISO14443), DESFire and iClass.
|165mm (w) x 390mm (l) x 210mm (h)
|10lbs / 4.5kg
|USB, Ethernet (option)
|Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8/10/Mac OS/Linux
|Free voltage (AC110-220V 50-60Hz)
|5 years for the printer, 3 years for the print head